Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Spring Festival

These pictures are from Spring Festival, also known as Chinese New year. I spent a few days alone and then traveled to my girlfriend's home town in the Anhui Province. Met her parents and a lot of aunts, uncles and parents. Ate good food and had a good time. You will never go hungry in a Chinese home during Spring Festival. First pictures are the fireworks I saw. China loves fireworks. The night before I left I tried to sleep early,. Around midnight the city was nothing but fireworks. 360 degrees of fireworks is nice but not when you want to sleep. Next pictures are from Anhui province were my girlfriend was born.
















Here is a video I took from the 5th floor stairwell of people shooting off fireworks in the parking lot.


The aftermath of a few days of fireworks.





The rest of my pictures are from after I traveled to Jessica's home town

My new favorite little Chinese girl

Jessica's niece, Jiang Xin Yan



Jinzhai



The front of her parent's house.

Hot water heater, double walled container with a fire in the middle.

Her brother, I nicked named him Jet because he reminds me of Jet Li.

Kitchen to the right and a bedroom to the left.

Living room. The thing behind the chair is a bowl they burn charcoal logs in, the only source of heat.

Eating area.





Breakfast.

Took a trip to the local market.















Rice field






Fun with bottle rockets




No comments:

Post a Comment